- How did your writing journey begin?
I started writing as a pre-teen. I was a quiet child growing up with a lot on my mind, so I resulted to writing poetry.
- Was writing something you always wanted to accomplish as one of your goals?
Yes, most definitely.
- What do you want your readers to take away when reading your books?
My number one message for my readers is for them to know that they have the power to speak lyfe no matter what’s going on around them. I want them to be empowered and to know they have a voice. It is very imperative that they know how much their voice matters.
- How many books have you written?
I’ve written and published one book and co-authored on one book.
- Do you plan to publish more in the future?
I sure do!
- Have you had any book signings? If so, how did that go? If not, do you plan to have one to connect with new readers?
Yes I’ve had a few book signings and I’ve also sold my books at my events. I think book signings are an awesome opportunity for your readers and supporters to get to know you as both an Author and a person. They get to hear about your mission and I truly believe people support purpose. I do plan to have future book signings because I love connecting to new people and I also plan to add on to my current book.
- What marketing strategies do you use for your books?
For my marketing strategies I use social media to promote my book, I host events that are centered or include my tagline to help promote my book and I’ve also added shirts to support my Speak Lyfe movement.
- Are there any challenges getting people to support you?
Yes, unfortunately. I’m grateful for my stream of supporters, however, it definitely can be a challenge.
- What is your writing style like? Any special places you like to go and write at?
It really depends on what I’m writing. Sometimes I like to write in an open space or outside. At times I like to write to music, it helps me to stay in my zone. My ideal writing location outside of Starbucks would be near water on a beautiful day.
- How can readers connect with you and buy your books?
They can reach me on fb as Bianca Lynnette Speak Lyfe, IG: Speaklyfe_bianca, my books are available on both Amazon and Barnes and Noble as well as my website Iambiancalynnette.myshopify.com
- Tell the readers more about the types of books you write? Are some of them based on real life experiences?
“Speak Lyfe: 31 Days to a New You!” will always be a personal favorite of mine. When I was going through a dark place in my life, I literally had to look myself in the mirror and say these exact affirmations everyday for 30 days. This along with daily prayer helped to save my life. In the “Walking in my Identity” book collab I shared on a very personal point in my life that stemmed from me learning to embrace my voice. Overall I prefer to write both about my life experiences and on empowerment but I won’t limit it to that because you never know what God has planned for you.
This interview is brought to you by That Riverz Gurl Media, LLC